Careers at Phoenix
What We’re Looking For
Phoenix Cyber is a rapidly growing, fully remote cybersecurity consulting firm specializing in cybersecurity automation. While there are other important roles in cybersecurity, we’re usually looking for just two types of cybersecurity experts:
- Cybersecurity Engineers – Someone who’s experienced at installing, tuning, and maintaining commercial off-the-shelf enterprise cybersecurity tools on Windows, Linux, and cloud platforms. You should also be experienced in scripting, ideally with Python. At Phoenix, your job will be not only to install, tune, and maintain these tools, but also to develop cybersecurity automation workflows using Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) tools.
- Cybersecurity Analysts – Someone who’s experienced at using various commercial off-the-shelf enterprise cybersecurity tools to investigate alerts and hunt threats. Your job is to determine which alerts are false alarms and which are real incidents. If it’s a real incident, your job is to determine the extent of the infiltration, if any data was exfiltrated, and to help with remediation. Bonus points if you have experience reverse engineering malware and/or with source attribution. Note: As we are not a branch of the military, we do not do any offensive hacking and rarely do penetration testing.
If you have at least 3 years of experience in one of these roles, we want to hear from you!
Why Join Us?
Our goal is to provide top-notch service to our customers while providing a sustainable work-life balance for our employees. As a fully remote workforce, our employees enjoy the ability to work or live anywhere within the United States. We even enjoy seeing each other once a year for the company-paid annual retreat during DEFCON in Las Vegas! Other benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Parental leave
- Bereavement leave
- Full Family Benefits Coverage
- Health insurance, including FSA and HSA plan options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Optional life, disability, accident, and pet insurance
- Employee Investment
- Quarterly bonuses tied to personal and company performance
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% automatic company contribution
- Up to $150/mo reimbursement for phone and Internet service
- Reimbursement for all professional certification costs (courses, exams, and membership dues)
Equal Employment Opportunity for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities and Qualified Protected Veterans
It is the policy of Phoenix Cyber not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because he or she is a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, a newly separated veteran, a campaign veteran, or an armed forces service medal veteran (i.e., qualified protected veterans). It is also the policy of Phoenix Cyber to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of their status as qualified individuals with disabilities or qualified protected veterans, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees of and applicants to Phoenix Cyber will not be subject to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because they have engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisting in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights related to any Federal, State, or local law regarding EEO for qualified individuals with disabilities or qualified protected veterans.